1. Two Great Defensive Minds Come Together: The Ryan brothers are the sons of legendary defensive coordinator and former Eagles coach Buddy Ryan. Defensive football is in their blood. They are innovative defensive coaches who can give opposing teams fits. We’ve always wondered what it would be like if the two Ryan boys came together and coached on the same staff again. Well, now we’ll find out. I’m curious to see what they come up with.
2. Seeing Them Interact on the Sideline: I hope Rob is on the sideline so that when he and Rex have a disagreement, they could start yelling at each other. Rob has a volatile personality so an early season meltdown is not out of the question.
3. Its Like Seeing Fat Rex All Over Again: Rex and Rob are twins and now that Rex has lost weight, Rob looks like the heavy version of him but with a beard and longer hair. Fat Rex used to look like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies coaching football.
4. It Could Lead to the Implosion of the Bills: Rex Ryan has a win or you are out ultimatum from owner Terry Pegula regarding next season. Unbeknownst to Rex, hiring his brother might lead to his undoing. I think bringing on Rob is a positive move but it could also be a big mistake if the two of them don’t see eye to eye they are arguing in front of the team.
5. Maybe We’ll See Buddy: We haven’t seen much of Buddy in recent years because of poor health. Maybe with both of boys coaching together, we might see more of him.