It was another exciting weekend of high school football in Massachusetts. Here are five thoughts from the weekend that was in high school football.
- Billerica’s 24-21 win over Everett is a program altering win. The Indians had a big win over Andover two weeks ago but beating Everett takes your program to another level. The Indians are legit.
- I guess B.R awakened the sleeping giant when they beat Xaverian two weeks ago. The X hasn’t surrendered a point since and Catholic Memorial only had 23 yards of total offense on Friday night.
- KP earned a gutsy win over Mansfield on Friday night 20-17 but you get the feeling these two teams are going to meet again in the playoffs.
- It’s official. Lexington is legit after whacking Reading 56-27 on Friday night. If you haven’t heard of junior quarterback Sal Frelick, get to know the name. The kid has already committed to B.C to play Baseball.
- Westwood once again proved to be a thorn on Holliston’s side beating them 36-34 on Friday. The Panthers are still the favorites in Division 3 but the Wolverines proved that they are beatable.
Featured image courtesy of Jon Mahoney/ESPN Boston