Here is our top 25 for week 7. There were some changes once again but the order stayed the same for the most part.
1. Catholic Memorial (6-0): The Knights made a statement with their win over St. John’s Prep and reinforced the notion that they are the best team in the state.
2. St. John’s Prep (5-1): The Eagles went toe to toe with CM and would love another shot at the Knights in December.
3. Everett (5-1): The Tide aren’t getting much attention but they will be a factor in D1 North.
4. Central Catholic (4-1): The Raiders keep chugging along, lurking as a possible spoiler in D1 North.
5. Natick (5-0): Natick is coming off a bye and hits the road this week for a tough match up against Newton North.
6. Mansfield (4-1): The Hornets are continuing their march to a Kelley Rex title and more.
7. Springfield Central (3-2): The Golden Eagles have reinforced the notion hat they are the best team west of Worcester.
8. Wachusett (5-0): Do the Mountaineers have you’re attention now after beating Nashoba.
9. King Philip (4-1): Don’t sleep on the Warriors yet. They’ll get Ryan Halliday back just in time for the playoffs.
10. Holliston (5-0): The Panthers do what they do, win. They were just too much for a young Norwood team.
11. Doherty (5-0): The Highlanders keep rolling along in what could be a special season when it’s all said and done.
12. St. John’s Shrewsbury (3-2): The Pioneers are back but a big test awaits this week at Xaverian.
13. Melrose (5-0): Melrose has looked looked vulnerable the past two weeks but this team is still for real and still the best in D4 right now.
14. Tewksbury (4-1): The Redmen are taking care of business and staying on course for a possible return trip to Gillette.
15. Marblehead (5-0): The Magicians face their toughest test yet when they take on Revere this week.
16. Canton (5-0): The Bulldogs defense is one of the best in the state and they proved that last week by shutting out Milford 35-0.
17. Danvers (5-0): I should have gotten on the Danvers train sooner. I love the way they play and the way they win games.
18. New Bedford (5-0): The Whalers need to start getting more publicity. The talent is in place for them to make a legitimate run in D2 South.
19. Wellesley (4-1): My dark horse in D2 South. This team could upset someone in the opening round and make a deep run in D2 South.
20. Milton (5-0): The Wildcats squeaked by Ipswich last week and travel to Needham this week.
21. Nashoba (4-1): The Chieftains must bounce back from a tough loss to Wachusett.
22. Methuen (4-1): The Rangers losing 28-0 to Andover was a real surprise. It won’t get any easier with Central Catholic on tap this week.
23. Revere (5-0): The Patriots finally crack our top 25. A program defining game is on tap this week when they battle Marblehead.
24. Reading (4-1): The Rockets face a tough test this week when they face off against Winchester.
25. Duxbury (4-2): The Dragons are back and with dual threat quarterback Will Prouty leading the way, this team could contend in D3.