Wachusett has been dominant this season.
Our final regular season rankings are here. There was some movement, particularly in the 15 to 20 range. Here goes!
1. Catholic Memorial (6-1): Knights wrap up an undefeated regular season with a 42-9 win over Framingham.
2. St. John’s Prep (6-1): Eagles looked off offensively in a 10-0 win over B.C High.
3. Everett (5-1): Tide hanging firm in the three spot and we still think they could come out of D1 North.
4. Central Catholic (5-1): Raiders rounding into playoff form as they continue to look like a dark horse in D1 North.
5. Natick (6-0): Redhawks should lock up a one seed in D2 South with a win over winless Brookline.
6. Mansfield (5-1): Hornets cruised past OA last week and host Attleboro this week.
7. Springfield Central (4-2): The Eagles are marching along in D3. They have been on cruise control since week 4.
8. Wachusett (6-0): Mountaineers look to cap off what has been a dominant regular season.
9. King Philip (5-1): Warriors beat Taunton last week 28-13. They host Oliver Ames this week with a top three seed on the line.
10. St. John’s Shrewsbury (4-2): The Pioneers flexed their offensive muscle in a 58-21 win over the X.
11. Doherty (6-0): Doherty is looking to finish undefeated and validate what has been a dominate run thus far.
12. Canton (6-0): Bulldogs clinch the Hockomock’s Davenport Division and move up four spots in our top 25.
13. Melrose (6-0): Tim Morris’ squad will look to cap off an impressive regular season with a win this weekend.
14. Tewksbury (5-1): Redmen are rolling heading into the playoffs. Brian Aylward always gets the best out of his team’s this time of year.
15. New Bedford (6-0): Whalers could wrap up an improbable regular season with a statement win over Brockton.
16. Danvers (6-0): Falcons proving that a sound running game and defense is still an effective formula for success.
17. Revere (6-0): Patriots get a season defining win over Marblehead last week.
18. Wellesley (5-1): I have been telling people the Raiders are a dark horse in D2 South. I hope they are listening.
19. Reading (5-1): Rockets looking like a favorite in D2 North after an impressive win over Winchester.
20. Milton (6-0): Wildcats still flying under the radar.
21. Marblehead (5-1): Magicians lose a tough one to Revere but they will still be a factor come playoff time.
22. Ashland (6-0): Clockers make their debut in our top 25 after upsetting Holliston last week.
23. Holliston (5-1): Panthers drops several spots after losing to Ashland. Despite the loss, Holliston is still a favorite in Division five.
24. Duxbury (5-2): Dragons have a bye after rattling off five straight wins.
25. Nashoba (5-1): Chieftains still among the elites in Division 4.