Dom Cavanaugh went 18 of 24 for 259 yards and four total touchdowns in Ashland’s win over Holliston.
It is hard to believe that there is only one week left in the regular season. Week seven featured some great games and some impressive offensive performances.
Here are some thoughts on the week that was and a look ahead.
1. St. John’s Shrewsbury scored 50 first half points against Xaverian. I am still dumbfounded by that!
2. Ashland pulled off a huge upset in the TVL large knocking off Holliston 35-29. Led by quarterback Dom Cavanaugh’s big day, the Clockers got arguably the biggest win in Andrew McKay’s tenure in Ashland.
3. Canton clinched the Hockomock Davenport title outright with an 18-0 win over North Attleboro. Congrats to Coach Bohane and the Bulldogs. It has been a lone time coming.
4. St. John’s Prep hung on to beat B.C High 10-0 in an ugly game. The Eagles need to forget about the CM loss and move on. A bye this week should help.
5. CM completed an undefeated season by beating Framingham 42-9. The Knights have a bye this week as they prepare for the playoffs.
6. At 5-1, Reading looks like the team to beat in Division 2 North despite being the number two seed.
7. In Division 2 South, the number one seed will come down to either Natick or New Bedford pending this weekend’s results. My money is still on Natick.
8. Revere beating Marblehead gave them the resume defining win they needed to validate what has been a special season.
9. Milton Academy has been a pleasant surprise in the ISL and is on a collision course with Belmont Hill for a league title.
10. It is hard to believe that playoff fixtures like Xaverian and North Attleboro could be out of the playoffs if they don’t win this weekend.