Week three of the Fall II high school football season wrapped. Despite several games being cancelled, there were also several great games. Here are my thoughts on the week that was.
1. Catholic Memorial threw for one passing yard but beat St. John’s Prep 49-24. How did they win you ask? They rushed for 422 yards. Yeah. That’ll do it.
2. Norwood got people’s attention with their 19-14 win over Holliston in the Tri-Valley League on Saturday. It is a big win for second year coach Manny Lopes as he tries to turn the program around.
3. I honestly thought the Xaverian, Brockton game was going to be much more competitive. It appears the X is officially back after their 42-7 win.
4. It has been a long since Framingham made noise in the Bay State. Well, they have gotten people’s attention after Saturday’s upset win over Wellesley. Coach Ed Mantie is building something special.
5. Bridgewater Raynham star running back averaged 12.5 yards per carry in the Trojans win over New Bedford this past weekend. He rushed for 312 yards in the game. That is insane!
6. Tewksbury keeps rolling along after their 41-14 win over a much improved Billerica team. It was a dominate all around effort by a team that is one of the most physical in the state.
7. Central Catholic used big plays and dominate defense to beat Methuen 35-7 in an MVC Large showdown on Friday. Quarterback Ayden Pereira lit it in the first half and the defense did the rest scoring two defensive touchdowns in the second half.
8. Big statement win for Central Mass as Fitchburg traveled east on Friday night and beat Hingham 35-28 in a shootout. The game was put together 48 hours earlier. It was the first win for new Red Raiders head coach Greg Graham.
9. Natick beat Milton in a shootout on Thursday 48-26. The RedHawks boast one of the most explosive offenses in the state and it was on full display in this game.
10. Congrats to Malden Catholic on its 32-21 win over North Andover. That is a quality program win for the Lancers.